Saturday, September 1, 2007

Kittens, Butterflies and Kids, Oh My

What an eventful couple of days we had. First the painted Lady butterflies started emering from their chrysalises. We didn't even notice it at first. all of a sudden I looked up at the butterfly pavillion hanging over the stairs and there were three butterflies. I am still amazed at how quick the changes happen. We watched the chryalis form for most of them right before our eyes and just as quick they are out.

Friday morning I call the vet because our cat is overdue to have her kittens. I only know about when she got pregnant because the Daddy cat broke into our house to get to her. Yes that is right it was a crime of passion, LOL!!! I thought her due date was about the 22nd but gave her a little more time just incase. Well the vet had me bring her in and after a half hour of debating with myself I agreed to a kitty c-section. She got spayed at the same time so I don't have to worry about this again.

Well mama cat wants NOTHING to do with the two babies. They are so cute, orange and white like grandpa and daddy. The kids couldn't wait to hold them and the look on their face when they finally got the chance was priceless. They were fascinated by how tiny the bottles were. My daughter has become very good already at making meows sound just like the kittens. I mean scary good.

The kids have been bouncing off the walls the last few days. I can't wait until school starts. With both off to school I thought I would have a few quiet hours. Nope, I have to be mama cat. Well at least they are small and much quieter than the kids. Bonus they don't make as big a mess, at least not yet, LOL!!!

No comments: