Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Two First Days of School

Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep... The alarm rings it is 7:30 am. I hear my son turn it off then some thunks and clucnks. The door opens and the sound of scuffy fast footsteps appear in the hall. Ah a bathroom run. The sound of a flush and then the scuffy fast feet again. My door opens with a blast and JUMP, I am attacked by kisses all over my face. "Mommy, Mommy lets go to school, see I am all dressed, lets go!!!!!!!" pleads my Kindergartener.

I look and see he has dressed himself. The shirt is too small, the shorts are too big and I see he is wearing his black spiderman undies. I am thinking that his classmates may not be ready to see his titey spidies, LOL!!! So I have to break the news to him that he needs to change his clothes.

Now Brianna wakes up and I have to get her dressed and both fed. Luckily she wants to wear a pretty dress. Bonus both want Waffles. Just pop them in the toaster and done!!!!

We leave a little earlier than planned to get to school. Only because if I didn't Patrick quite lickly would have exploded. Ooops I forgot the camera and had to go back for it. We cross the street to start the walk and I could visualize the racing flag being dropped. And there off is what I heard in my head as Patrick took off full of excitement and joy (why take that away from him prematurly.) At the corners while he waited for me he was literly just bouncing from all the excitement.

We get to school and I manage to get a few pics dispite his pleas to let him go in the building. There is a line of many students and parents. Some are crying some like Patrick just want to get in. It was pretty orderly. We all walk in to the classroom and get him settled. He basically dismissed me. "See you at the end of the day". SO I walk out and realize I have NO idea what time to pick him up at. I go to the office and find out. 3:10 is dismissal time. Glad I checked I thought 3:30, Ooops.

So Brianna and I walk home, I get her hair in pigtails, find her backpack and Daddy comes home from work for her first day of school. She just runs in to the class gives her teacher a HUGE hug and starts to play like she does this all the time. This week we stayed with here next week she will be on her own. I hope she handles it just as well.

After the kids went to bed tonight I started filling out the same information on about 30 different sheets of paper. Sign this form, now that one, ooops don't forget the other on. Wow paperwork times two is a lot!!!! The good news is I don't have to worry about snack at all this month. I like that!!!!!

No comments: