Sunday, August 26, 2007

Our day of "Amusement"

My parents invited us to Fantasy Island. Of course I had to day yes, who turns down a free trip to an amusement park? Let me start by saying I AM WORN OUT!!!!! It is amamzing how not going on the rides and watching your kids have fun can be so tiring,

Of course the day started late. We just can never get anywhere on time. Someone always forgets something. I have to admit today it was me. I forgot the all important stroller. What was worse was we never used it, we ended up renting a wagon. I really have to remember to get one. It was so much easier that the stroller.

Once we got to the park we found my parents near the front of the long line, see it pays to be late we had less time to wait, LOL!!! Then of course the rest of the family was later than we were. We took a couple laps around the parking lot and finally ran into them.

Now we have to figure out what do do first. I hear "Water park, carousel, roller coaster, train, slide, and tilt-a-whirl" (that was me). My parents said lunch and we all said "Okay". That would come back to haunt my husband after the Tilt-a-Whirl (guess why I dare you).

My son went on a couple of rides for the first time and loved them. It is nice that he is getting taller, but he is still a good three inches from riding the "good rides". Oh the look on his face as he saw the roller coasters. He took it well when he found out he couldn't ride many of the bigger rides.

My daughter however was happiest in her daddy's arms. Oh how many tears she said after daddy had to walk away (now known as the Tilt-a-whirl inccident). We went into the water park and the only time I managed to get some time with her was when we went on the Lazy River. After that she only had eyes for daddy. Though when grandpa offered her a ride on his scooter she did let go of daddy long enough for that.

So now I have sunburn on my nose, spent a fourtune on park food and am achey and tired. My kids are passed out in bed and I am smiling because we all had a great day. The smiles on their faces was worth all the aggrevation and grandpa even bought them each a souvenier. So it was another great day and there were hardly any fights between the kids!!!!

No comments: