Saturday, August 25, 2007

"Help" in the Garden

I was cleaning tonight when my husband comes in looking for our camera. I of course (being nosey) want to know what the kids are doing (or who is walking by, LOL). He tells me they are sharing and getting along!!!!

GASP

That can't be I think. Well I don't know where the camera is so I go outside to witness the event for myself.

I find them sharing old garden pots and putting rocks in them. Well at least they are not throwing the rocks at each other not making a mess. I notice some weeds in the garden and start weeding.

Well now my daughter decides she wants to help. Now help from my two year old in the garden is grabbing any randon plant that catches her eye and picking it. Lately that has been my pretty flowers. She completly ignores the weeds and even when I direct her to something I want picked she is bound and determined to destroy my flowers!!!!

The prettty yellow flowers (I have no idea what they are called as they were gifts and I have no memory) today were her victims of choice. One poor bud just about to open was just snatched off the stem. Of course she is so proud of herself and loving that she is "helping" mommy that it is so hard to look into that happy face and burst her bubble. But I do, LOL!!! I have to get her interested in something else.

Do I pick the rock sorting that her brother is doing (that can only stay harmless for so long I think) or have my husband, who started the whole thing with his camera quest anyway, to distract her. Husband it is!!! They end up going inside and now my son is noticing it is just me and him.

"Mommy, are we both doing 'Dirty Jobs' (he is obsessed with that show - Gotta love Mike Rowe)? Yes I tell him, because he of course is still nicely playing with the rocks. He then asks me if I like doing "Dirty Jobs", of couse I do I am a Mommy arn't I. "Mommy isn't it nice that we are both doing "Dirty Jobs" together?", "Mommy can we always do "Dirty Jobs together?"

After answering all his "Dirty Job" questions I am done withthe garden and notice the time. Ah my favorite time of day. "Bed time" I announce and we put away the rocks, pots and toys. I add my weeded bounty to the composter and we go inside for bath time. They were playing with rocks so of course they needed it. Snacks and bed are soon to follow.

Storytime is here and we pick out the books and they snuggle up and listen and then the realization hits. Tomorrow is Fantasy island day and off to sleep they go. Way to easy tonight I wonder what is in store for me tomorrow in the park, LOL!!!

No comments: