Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Such a first time mom...

My little guy has had a rough week. He has been having trouble falling and staying asleep, crying during bath time (which is usually his favorite!) and bursting out in tears for what seems to be no reason at all. There have probably been a dozen people who have said to me, "he must be teething!" I didn't pay much attention to this because Lincoln has been drooling like crazy and chomping down on teething rings for what seems like his entire life... so, it couldn't be that, right? Well, just a few days ago he started refusing his dinner, which is totally not the usual behavior for my little piggy. He screamed through his entire bath and then only slept about three hours total that night. The next day, I discovered that a tooth had, indeed cut through his bottom gums! My poor little man! I could have been giving him Tylenol to ease his discomfort... I could have been giving him frozen washcloths to chew on to help his hurting little gums... I could have been more patient with him at night when he was fussy at all hours... I could have listened to those dozen people telling me that he was teething!!!

Thank goodness he is feeling better now, but I can see that the "neighbor" tooth is on it's way up and out, so I'm sure we'll be dealing with a sore mouth for a while. Boy, there certainly are a lot of lessons to be learned from a first born!

No comments: