Monday, February 8, 2010

My Mom

It's been almost a month since my mothers death (Jan. 20, 2010). She is greatly missed. It is surreal when I walk into my parents house where I grew up. Everywhere I turn I expect to see my mom. When I'm sitting there I almost hear my mom say "Do you want something to eat or drink?" Even though she couldn't get out to visit family in the last 5 years she always kept contact by phone. I miss those calls to check on me and the family. It was very hard when it was 10 days later and we were celebrating my kids' birthday. I kept thinking she was going to be there at our house when we came back from Rollie Pollies. My mother-in-law was one of the last to leave the party and that was when it hit me. I broke down into tears and couldn't stop holding her and saying how much I miss my mom. Not a day goes by where she is in my thoughts. Every night before I go to sleep I tell her I miss and love her very much.

No comments: